Today I’m sharing another recipe from my new book, ‘Coconut Milk Ice Cream’ and giving you the chance to win the ingredients to make it yourself at home! (Ingredients kindly supplied by Detox Your World)
This recipe is my take on malt chocolate ice cream. Instead of malted milk or Horlicks powder, I use maca – a delicious superfood with a natural “malted” taste. And as with all the ice creams in my book, this one is vegan and made using coconut milk. If you like the comforting taste of malted cocoa, then you’ll love this healthy treat!
- 720ml / 3 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 20g / ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maca powder
- 120ml / ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 90g / ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- (optional) 1 tbsp alcohol
- Mix 60ml / ¼ cup coconut milk with the arrowroot powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pour the rest of the coconut milk into a large saucepan with the cocoa powder, maca powder and maple syrup and bring to a boil, stirring all the time. As soon as the mixture begins to boil, stir in the arrowroot mixture to thicken the liquid. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla, chocolate chips and alcohol. Keep stirring until all the chocolate is melted.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge until cold and churn.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.
If you like the sound of this ice cream and would like to try it out for yourself, enter the giveaway below for a chance to win the ingredients to make it at home. For more coconut milk ice cream recipes, check out my book ‘Coconut Milk Ice Cream’ on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk – it’s available in paperback or kindle edition.
The lovely people at Detox Your World have supplied the ingredients which include maca powder, dessicated coconut (so you can make your own raw & organic coconut milk) cacao powder and I’ve also included some coconut sugar so you can try making my Salted Caramel Ice Cream! (FYI: An updated version of this recipe is available in the book.)
Detox Your World are one of my very favourite health food companies. They’re ethical, environmentally-conscious and provide really good quality products. Check ’em out!
Detox Your World Giveaway
- Use the Gleam widget below to gain entries. If no widget appears, try refreshing the page or use this direct link (please don’t share this link elsewhere.)
- Entries can be gained via blog comments, Facebook, Twitter etc. You can also come back every day for a bonus entry!
- Please follow the rules – those found to be cheating (I can see who has and hasn’t completed an entry) will be disqualified.
- Prize: 1 winner will receive 100g Maca Powder, 100g Cacao Powder, 250g Dessicated Coconut & 250g Coconut Sugar – All from Detox Your World.
- Open to the UK only.
- The closing date is 11:59PM 7th July 2014
For more delicious ice cream recipes that are vegan, paleo-friendly and free from refined sugars, check out my book – Coconut Milk Ice Cream!