I love the idea of giving homemade gifts but must confess I am usually quite lazy on this front. However, here is one gift idea that I did manage to get around to making (because it’s so quick and easy to make!) A gingerbread body scrub. Yes, gingerbread. Not only is it very cheap, quick and easy to put together but it also smells incredible and is super good for your skin!
It is thoroughly recommended that you make or purchase a gingerbread man to eat whilst making this scrub. It will make you very happy.
- 500g / 2 cups brown sugar
- 240ml / 1 cup oil (olive oil, coconut oil and sweet almond oil are good choices)
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp mixed spice (or pumpkin pie mix)
- A jar or container
Optional extras: Add 1 tbsp vitamin E oil or 1 tbsp honey for dry skin
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. If the mixture is too oily, add sugar, if it’s too dry, add more oil. Adjust spice measurements to your liking. Some oils can mask the scent of the ginger and cinnamon, so add more if needed.
- Store in an air-tight container or jar and decorate!
And there you are! A lovely, homemade, healthy gift idea for Christmas :-)
Some Gingerbread blog love!
- Davida’s Gingerbread Chia Pudding over at The Healthy Maven – healthy, Christmassy and unique :-)
- Pear Upside Down Gingerbread Cake by Use Real Butter – sounds SO delicious!
- Michelle’s Gingerbread Pancakes from Peachy Palate – These would make the best Christmas breakfast! Gluten-free and vegan too.